To submit your questions or ideas, or to simply learn more about It Still Runs, contact us. Attach the constant side of the toggle switch. If you have a Holley or Edelbrock fuel mixer, compatibility dating you'll need a throttle kickdown adapter bracket fitted to the transmission. Locate a body ground under the vehicle and attach one end of the gauge wire to the body ground. Secure all gauge wire to the vehicle with zip ties to prevent any hanging wire.
- Allow as much fluid as possible to drain from the broken seal between the transmission and transmission pan.
- Install the new filter into the transmission by gently pushing up on it.
- Always leave enough extra length when cutting wire, so it can be secured later.
- This bracket helps to correct for the aftermarket carb's longer throttle levers, preventing a hard, light kickdown.
Decide where the toggle switch will be located within the vehicle, do personal trainers hook and install it. Route this wire through the rubber grommet in the firewall and down to the transmission. Disconnect the negative and positive terminals of the battery. Tips The toggle switch can be installed in any location inside the vehicle. Press the transmission pan back onto the transmission and hand-tighten the bolts that secure the pan to the transmission.
Place the new transmission pan gasket over the transmission pan, aligning all holes. Add transmission fluid through the transmission fill tube, checking the fluid level every quart to prevent over filling. Engine Links You can reuse the rear passing gear throttle kickdown cable bracket on the engine and carburetor if you have the original carb. You can reuse the rear passing gear throttle kickdown cable bracket on the engine and carburetor if you have the original carb.
700r4 TCC/lockup wiring
Photo Credits shifter image by Brett Bouwer from Fotolia. When the solenoid is engaged, fluid is applied to the torque converter clutch, creating lockup and a direct link between the engine and transmission. Torque the transmission bolts to the manufacturer's recommended torque with a small torque wrench. Back the vehicle off the car ramps. If you want the torque converter to lock up for better fuel mileage, you'll have to install a lock-up control kit in the transmission pan.
- Never attempt to drive a vehicle with low transmission fluid.
- Lock-up Control If you want the torque converter to lock up for better fuel mileage, you'll have to install a lock-up control kit in the transmission pan.
- Drive the vehicle onto car ramps, put it in park, and set the emergency brake.
- This article was written by the It Still Runs team, copy edited and fact checked through a multi-point auditing system, in efforts to ensure our readers only receive the best information.
- Place one hand firmly on the transmission pan and hold it to the transmission case.
How to Wire a Switch to Lock Up the Torque Converter on a R Transmission
Loosen the transmission pan bolts four or five turns each, and gently pry down on the edge of the transmission pan, being careful to prevent any bending or warping. Warnings Never turn on the torque converter lock-up at slow speeds, nice dating places in kl as this may damage your vehicle.
HOT ROD Rescue Lockup a 700-R4 Torque Converter Without a Computer
Tips for a Transmission Swap to R4
R4 TCC/lockup wiring - The Forums
Put on safety glasses and place a large drain pan under the transmission pan. Shift Linkage You can reuse your factory three-speed shifter, but you'll lose control over first gear. You can reuse your factory three-speed shifter, and 16 but you'll lose control over first gear.